Support Live Chat
164 Medical Research Paper Topics
When you are a student in a medical course, medical research paper topics can literally save your life. All students in medical courses or those who pursue a medical major are required to cover dozens of medical topics in their research papers. For this reason, and in fact, for many others, looking for medical research topics online has become a matter of life versus death. It is one of the most searchable and most popular things that students want to find online. However, it is not enough to google topics. You must understand how to turn a strong topic into a strong paper. Moreover, you must choose the topic according to the paper requirements provided by your tutor. You know how to make it real, and you can do it with professional help.
Generally, your task is to select a topic that will keep your reader interested while reviewing your paper. You must also choose a topic that responds to and resonates with the requirements, instructions, and expectations of your professor. It is not enough to simply choose a topic that follows the logic of your course. You should look further and deeper, in order to understand what exactly your professor expects to see. If you use your intuition, you will manage to select the most appropriate topic for your paper, and this is going to be the main factor of your success, as well as a guarantee that your grades will not soar.
This is why choosing a topic can be a challenge. After all, you cannot know what your professor wants; nor can you know how your professor will like this or that topic. However, when you look at the list of medical research topics provided below, you will see plenty of opportunities for professional and academic growth. The best medical research papers are here, and they can definitely improve your grades and academic image. Just see what is familiar to you, feel the vibe of touching some truly intuitive, creative subject in medicine, and use the topic to showcase your ability to think critically, retrieve and synthesize evidence from different sources. Do not forget that your professor knows much more than you do. Therefore, you may need to go the extra mile to surprise and impress your supervisor. However, you can do it well if you have a brilliant topic. This is what you are going to do here.
Controversial Medical Topics for Research Paper Writing
The best topics are specific; they are narrow enough to reveal the complexities of various medical problems, but you may also want to choose controversial medical topics for research paper writing. Any such topic will impress your teacher. It will also give you a strong academic edge and create a space for creativity, critical thinking, exploration, and discovery.
- Is there any danger in having your cellphone under your pillow when you sleep?
- Is marijuana safe and beneficial enough to be legal?
- Can you be sure that you will live longer if you do not eat meat?
- Is it true that those who do not eat gluten are healthier than those who do?
- Is it ethical for a healthcare provider to refuse an abortion if he or she believes it is a murder?
- Alcohol and drug addiction – is it a form of illness or just a matter of personal weakness?
- Animal testing – is it appropriate to use animals as subjects in clinical, pharmacological or cosmetic research?
- Circumcision – can it be a universal medical solution for males?
- There is much controversy around milk consumption – is it good or bad to drink milk?
- With advances in medicine and increased life expectancy, are we going to witness the collapse of our healthcare systems?
- What are the key achievements of the post-ACA era?
- Healthcare providers cannot advertise drugs during their encounters with patients. Justify.
- Why all women must have the right to seek and obtain abortion services.
- Why are alcoholics not allowed to be on a transplant waiting list, if they need liver?
- Health care – is it a universal right in America?
- Why people need more awareness of hospices and long-term care facilities.
- Medical marijuana – pros and cons.
- What are the evidence of physician-assisted suicide and its effects on providers?
- Why all drugs should be prescribed?
- Death penalty from a medical perspective – where pain and sorrow become unbearable.
- Why vaccination must become mandatory for everyone, with few exceptions.
Interesting Nursing Research Paper Topics
Nursing research paper topics are as important as topics from any other field of a medical study. The truth is that the number of students pursuing a degree in nursing continues to increase. The health care system needs more specialists, and nurses are going to take the burden of care for patients who present to clinics with different chronic and acute conditions. Students in nursing courses must develop extensive knowledge of medicine. However, they also must have knowledge that is specific to nursing. This is why writing a nursing paper is not that easy. This is why it will take time and effort to produce a nursing project that is worth the professors’ attention.
We at Exclusive-Paper.net provide the full range of nursing paper writing services. We have hundreds of customers, who are currently students in nursing and healthcare courses. We do not sell prewritten papers; we write all papers from scratch. Following your topic, subject, and instructions, we conduct a detailed analysis of evidence and literature. However, choosing a topic is always the first and most responsible step. This is why you should never neglect it. If you have difficulty choosing a nursing paper topic, you are most welcome to choose one from our list of topics.
Remember that a good topic is not everything. A nursing paper must have a proper structure. A distinctive feature of papers written by nursing students is that they usually incorporate extensive evidence from numerous sources, and all these sources must be relevant, recent, and credible. Generally, professors in nursing courses do not allow their students to use sources that are older than 5 years. Also, no first person is allowed, except when the paper is a personal reflection. Every paper must be written properly and formatted appropriately. Everything must be cited. Otherwise, it will count as plagiarism.
- Why ADHD has become so prevalent among children and adults?
- Is there any evidence that links vaccination to autism?
- Why many children develop resistance to antibiotics, and the consequences of such resistance in adulthood?
- How social media increase the risks of eating disorders in children and youth?
- The main causes of seizures during infancy and childhood.
- Why adolescents should not be allowed to visit healthcare providers without parents?
- How healthy eating practices can reduce the scope of child obesity in society?
- The ethics of adolescent care: privacy in provider consultations delivered to an adolescent patient.
- Therapeutic options for patients with speech disorders.
- How a woman’s psychology changes after she becomes a mother?
- Main causes of depression in adolescents and young adults.
- Why youth are so susceptible to the risks of developing drug or alcohol addiction; how a nurse can help?
- Schizophrenia – is it possible during childhood?
- Genetics of bipolar disorder – from childhood to adulthood.
- How the history of military service increases the risks of PTSD?
- The nursing analysis of stress and nursing interventions to alleviate stress in first responders during disasters.
- Why teenagers can be aggressive with each other and with others – what nurses can do to address the problem?
- The ethics of nursing care in adolescents and young adults with psychiatric disorders.
- The role of a nurse in delivering rehabilitation and therapy to patients with orthopedic disorders.
- Pain management and how nurses can help.
- The provision of nursing care to children admitted to hospitals with abdominal pain.
- A nursing care pathway for patients discharged from hospital after a stroke.
- Nurses’ role in preventing opioid addiction in patients with chronic pain.
- The use of innovative injection drugs to soothe pain after surgery.
- Phantom pains and the place of nurses in managing this type of suffering.
- Primary care – where nurses excel.
- Evidence-based recommendations for nursing care in patients with recurrent asthma exacerbations and food allergies.
- Ethics of primary care in children and adults – how nurses improve the provision of care in underserved communities.
- Unexplained symptoms in children brought to emergency rooms.
- A nursing care protocol for a child who is brought to primary care without any clear reason.
- How nurses must act if they suspect that the patient is a victim of assault or domestic violence?
- How gender bias changes the face of the nursing profession?
- Why men are so few in the nursing profession?
- How nurse practitioners working in hospitals can become independent providers?
- Malpractice insurance and its importance in nursing practice.
- Nurses’ obligations and actions with patients who do not speak English.
Pediatric Nursing Topics for Research Paper Writing
Many of those who study in medical courses will become pediatricians, and they will need help with pediatric nursing topics for research paper writing. Otherwise, they will hardly be in a position to complete the main course and get closer to their dreams. In this world full of pediatric controversies, any topic from the list below will help.
- Gastrointestinal disorders in newborn babies.
- How adolescents and young people with poorly controlled asthma can benefit from yoga exercises – a review of current evidence?
- A qualitative analysis of children’s and adolescents’ responses to receiving advanced nursing care in a primary health clinic.
- Nurses as educators – how nurse practitioners can influence the degree of physical activity in children by teaching parents how to do it right.
- Why school-aged children have so many problems with sleep, and what evidence can facilitate the provision of therapeutic care to children with sleep disorders?
- How healthcare providers, particularly nurses, who come from immigrant families, overcome barriers to pediatric care in their clinical setting?
- Problems facing children with respiratory diseases and their parents – a nursing perspective.
- How nurses can help parents of children who do not speak English and need emergency care?
- Nurses using technologies to teach and train parents of children who undergo elective surgery before they are discharged to home care?
- Why nurses should encourage adolescents and their parents to undergo regular screening for depression?
- How nurses make it easier for parents to cope with the stress and anxiety of their first visit to the clinic with the newborn infant?
- How neonatal nurses from different parts of the world evaluate the patterns of growth and development in infants and babies in the first year of their lives?
- Prevention of chronic illness, and the role of a nurse in reducing the number of children with obesity and diabetes.
- A nurse as a pamphlet creator – how nurses become creative in their striving to promote public health and wellness.
- Nurses as program developers for children with obesity and their parents.
- How nurses can play a role in managing the transition of parents from chronic to hospice care with children who have a terminal illness.
- Cardiac arrest in children – causes and implications for nursing care.
- Nursing actions to reduce parental anxiety in a clinical setting.
- How parents feel about having their children in hospital – a qualitative study of nurse responses?
- When nurses become victims: aggression from parents of children who experience life-threatening complications in a hospital setting?
- The role of the nurse in delivering pain management and complex postoperative care to children.
Health Research Paper Topics for Academic Writing
If you are looking for something general, something that does not fall into any specific field or domain of practice, then health research paper topics will do their job. Expect your professor to give you more specific instructions. In the meantime, look for the most interesting topic and choose what you want.
- Healthcare – history, and developments in the past 100 years.
- Comparing the health and wellbeing of people from ancient times until present – are modern-day people healthier than their predecessors 100-200 years ago?
- How changing beauty standards increase the demand for cosmetic services and plastic surgery in the healthcare system?
- Why going vegan is not always an ideal solution for your health problems?
- Is being body-positive dangerous to your health and wellbeing? What can you do to improve your status?
- Why is excess weight one of the key health dangers in the 21st century? What can healthcare providers do to overcome the issue?
- The benefits and dangers of bodybuilding – mind the use of steroids!
- How professional sports impacts individual health and how healthcare providers can help professional athletes minimize damage?
- How healthy lifestyles will differ for individuals of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds? The role of cultural competence in health care.
- Psychological health – a neglected area.
- Why the health issues facing infants and babies are not the same as the health problems facing adults? Explain.
- Why depression is an illness, and what strategies are currently in place to help those suffering from mental health problems?
- Pandemics and the danger in the new millennium.
- Why pregnancy is no longer considered as illness, and what women should or should not be allowed to do while being pregnant?
- The fashion of plastic surgery and its impact on public health.
- How individuals with chronic diseases struggle to keep themselves fit for work?
- Organ transplantation – can the healthcare system become a place for buying and selling organ transplants?
- The current opinion of euthanasia among healthcare professionals.
Great Healthcare Research Topics
There are a few healthcare research topics that can make your life much better. If you pursue a degree in public health, or you want to become a healthcare manager, administrator, and so on, these topics are for you. It can be difficult to choose the best one, but you can focus on something that resonates with you. This way you will know how to approach the topic from the most interesting and useful perspective.
- How the federal government is struggling to allocate additional healthcare resources during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How the government is using legal ways to increase its investment in clinical research and drug development in the U.S.?
- State and federal strategies to boost the number of nurses who enter the healthcare system.
- Why disparities in public health and health care are still prevalent and visible to others?
- Why the government has largely failed to increase the number of male nurses in the healthcare system. What other actions are needed to reduce these gender disparities?
- What are the most controversial issues facing healthcare professionals in the 21st century?
- Healthcare administrators as a new generation of specialists who can make the healthcare system more effective. True or false?
- The benefits and risks of using electronic patient or medical records in hospitals.
- Why do inpatient hospitalizations keep falling, as the healthcare system chooses ambulatory or outpatient care even for surgical interventions?
- The rapid advancement of home care and the issues facing patients who need constant monitoring and follow-up after being discharged from the hospital.
- Why asylums in the US fail to meet even the basic standards of quality?
- What about the quality of correctional healthy care? Do we have issues here? Why or why not?
- Why quality improvement should be a guiding philosophy for the healthcare system?
- How privately owned hospitals can outperform publicly held healthcare institutions?
- A path from a registered practitioner to an independent provider: how nurses open their clinics and why they need management skills for that?
- The growing importance of surgical care in the healthcare system.
- Why human resource managers are gaining prominence in hospitals?
- The main principles of management and leadership that can help the healthcare system survive the new pandemic.
- Reimbursement and quality improvement – how they relate to each other?
- The problems facing hospitals in relation to financial reporting, coding, and billing.
Med Research Topics: Choose the Best One
Now, look at the med research topics listed below. You can choose whatever you like the most. You can also modify any of these topics to make it suitable for your project. If you have any difficulty with that, do not hesitate to ask for help! Otherwise, remember that medical research topics are extremely popular in healthcare, medical, and nursing courses. The list below is here to help you with research. You can certainly go beyond any of the topics mentioned here, but they can give you a clue as to the way your project can and should look when it is completed.
- Why epidemics are not the same as pandemics, and how COVID-19 is changing the healthcare system?
- Providing health care to children and adolescents.
- Why healthcare providers across the globe share their resources and advice to help the developing world? Does it ever work?
- The causes and consequences of viral infections in children and adults. Considering the difference.
- The ethics of research involving vulnerable subjects. How investigators can prevent ethical troubles.
- Why vaccination is not always safe, but why it is still needed?
- Genetic diseases and their impact on the cost of health care for parents and the government.
- The growing incidence of traumatic brain injury in different population groups.
- Antibiotics and the risks of antibiotic resistance.
- Chronic disease management for a better quality of life.
- Why people are afraid of speaking about palliative care and hospices?
- Why advance care planning and advance directives can help patients and their caregivers?
- Alzheimer’s disease – the silent killer in the 21st century.
- Eating disorders in children and adults – therapeutic options and the importance of prevention.
Learn More about Autism Research Paper Topics
If you study autism, the autism research paper topics below will set the right direction for your research and future practice.
- Is there any solid evidence that autism is a genetic disorder?
- Are there any environmental causes of autism, and are there any proofs to support the thesis?
- Review the latest developments in the study of autism and treatment.
- Why is the number of children diagnosed with autism keep growing across the world?
- Talented people, geniuses, and celebrities who have the signs or a confirmed diagnosis of autism.
- The controversy of vaccination and its potential links to autism.
- How the signs and symptoms of autism can vary from patient to patient?
- How children with autism can become full participants of the education system?
- The role of nurses in diagnosing and managing autism in children.
- Why are some children with autism more “social” than others? What determines the severity of symptoms and the chances for an autistic child to enter the school system?
- Why primary care providers need more knowledge and education in relation to autism?
- What are the main risks facing children with autism as they are growing older?
- What are the red flags that parents should know to suspect their child has autism?
ADHD Research Paper Topics
ADHD research paper topics can also give you a helping chance. As you know, the number of children who receive a diagnosis constantly increases. As a medical provider, you must know the intricacies of diagnosis and therapy in children and adults with ADHD.
- How ADHD impacts the quality and outcomes of learning in children.?
- What education teachers and school counselors need to help struggling children with ADHD?
- Effectiveness of medications versus therapy for ADHD, particularly during childhood.
- What are the main goals of treatment in ADHD? Can it be cured?
- What are the most typical side effects of pharmacological treatment in ADHD? Can children survive it?
- How ADHD can be diagnosed at an early age?
- How ADHD influences academic performance in children and adolescents: the risks of untreated or poorly controlled ADHD?
- Celebrities with ADHD – how do they navigate through the complexities of their life?
- Evidence of nonpharmacological treatment for ADHD.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care for a child who receives a diagnosis of ADHD for the first time.
- Education provided to parents when their children are diagnosed with ADHD.
- Is there any alternative to pharmacological therapy in children with severe symptoms of ADHD?
- How do adults with ADHD manage and control their symptoms?
- Is ADHD a disease of adults?
- Neurodevelopmental changes associated with ADHD.
- ADHD: pathophysiology and pathogenesis, with implications for disease progression into adulthood.
Schizophrenia Research Paper Topics
Review these schizophrenia research paper topics and use them in your research.
- What is the age of diagnosis for individuals with schizophrenia?
- Is inpatient treatment the best option in schizophrenia?
- The role of nonpharmacological treatment in schizophrenia.
- How individuals with schizophrenia can best control their symptoms.
- Genetics of schizophrenia.